American Red Cross - Tornado App
Today March 4, 2013, the American Red Cross announce another tool to help notify residents of severe weather. The Red Cross Tornado App was released and is available for the iPhone, iPad, and Droid devices. This mobile application provides real-time access to severe storm warnings.
Once a tornado warning has been issued by NOAA for your area, the app sends out a high-pitched siren and "tornado warning!". Allowing you and your family to take action to keep safe. Once the warning has been lifted, an "All Clear!" alert is sent out via the app.
Other features on the app include:
· Location-based NOAA tornado, severe thunderstorm and flood watch and warning alerts;
· One touch "I'm safe" messaging that allows users to broadcast reassurance to family and friends via social media outlets that they are out of harm's way;
· Preloaded content that gives users instant access to critical action steps, even without mobile connectivity;
· Toolkit with flashlight, strobe light and audible alarm; and
· Locations of open Red Cross shelters.
To locate this app, go to the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store and search for American Red Cross. Rockingham Insurance Agency encourages you to download this app to help provide you and your family with potential severe storm warnings.
*This information was provided by the American Red Cross