Warm Weather Maintenance Tips for Your Hme.
Homeowners spend a great deal of time outdoors in the spring and summer. Listed below are some tips to help you prepare your home for the warmer weather.
1. Check your deck or patio for safety hazards such as loose boards or bricks or protruding nails.
2. Inspect all window locks to be sure they are functioning properly. Check to make sure there are no holes in any of your screens.
3. Have your air conditioning system inspected by a professional to be sure that it is operating efficiently.
4. Check your roof for damage that may occurred during the winter months.
5. Clean gutters and downspouts of leaves and debris.
6. Remove all dead trees from your yard. Keep remaining trees and shrubs trimmed back away from your home and all utility wires.
7. Store oil and gas for your lawn equipment in a vented locked area.
8. Repair any cracked, broken or uneven places in your driveway and walkways to provide a safer walking surface.
9. Inspect the recreational equipment in your yard for possible dangers. Are swing sets secure and free from corrosion and rusty bolts?
10. Keep a multi-purpose fire extinguisher accessible, filled and ready for operation.
Warm weather is here! And while that means more outdoor fun for families, extra time at home also presents a number of safety concerns that homeowners should be aware of. Take the proper measures now to ensure that your family time outdoors is fun and accident free!